The Circles in the Forest Route is sandwiched between the aforementioned mountains and the Indian Ocean. The Outeniqua indigenous forests is a unique mixture of Cape Fynbos and Temperate Forest and offer hiking trails and eco-tourism activities. Nearly 300 species of bird life are to be found in a variety of habitats ranging from fynbos to forest to wetlands.
Take on the 10km or 30km Circles in the Forest Run. This event forms part of the RCS SOX 3 day trail run. Come join in on the fun!
Date: 11 August 2018
Venue: Mother Holly Tea Garden, Millwood State Forest, Rheenendal
Event Format: Solo’s
Distances: 10km or 30km Trail Run (Forest Run)
Entry fees (include light lunch and race apparel), does not include Bus transport.
Please note, NO late entries or on the day Entries, NO Exception:
10km – R200 Starts at 08h15
30km – R350 Starts at 08h00
Circles in the Forest Trail Run, included in the entry fee:
– Permission from Sanparks and Cape Pine to use their area
– Events fees to Sanparks and Cape Pine for using their areas
– Unforgettable trail running along the scenic Outeniqua Hiking Trail and Knysna Forest
– Well marked and set out route
– 2 water tables on route for the 30km trail run and 1 water table on route for the 10km
– Water table at the finish
– Light Lunch at Finish
– Medical and emergency services on standby
– Finishers medal
– Generosity and great atmosphere of Materoli Tea Gardens
– Professional Photographer and Videographer
– SANParks Conservation Fees. Please bring your Wild card to registration to avoid paying the day Conservation fees of R41. Wild card or the R41 will be collected at Registration by SANParks. Please note, this is not the Event Fees that the Organiser is paying on your behalf
– Bus transport
Registration at Ebb and Flow, No Entries on the Day
9 August, 13:00 – 18:00, at Ebb and Flow.
Entries for 2018 will open on 1st November 2017. For all information contact Janine on firstname.lastname@example.org
No refunds will be done on entry fees. Substitutions will be allowed
Online Coaching / Training Programme
Wingman Multisport Athletics provides coaching services to athletes around the globe for an impressive array of events, from road running, open water swimming to road or mountain bike cycling. Based in South Africa, the team of coaches specialises in triathlon coaching, including the Ironman 70.3 and Ironman distances.
By capitalising on the intersection between individual ability, the science of athletic performance and the latest technology, Wingman Coaches work with each athlete to help them not only set, but also attain their personal sporting goals. Personal programmes are created for your unique level, fitness and available training time.
Slowest to fastest, biggest to smallest, beginner to pro – there is a programme that is not only designed for you, but is responsive to your body as you train. Weekly feedback is provided using the leading online platform, Training Peaks, to design, deliver and adapt each athletes programme. The user-friendly nature of the application and its seamless integration with other training equipment and platforms ensures that going high tech with your training does not mean going high maintenance.
The value of this innovative, individually responsive approach is illustrated by the high levels of success attained by the Wingman athletes at events across the country – with multiple podium positions and countless personal bests smashed. Per illustration, a recent study on 70.3 Ironman (East London) athletes showed that Wingman male athletes performed significantly better than their non-Wingman counterparts in the event.