Women Only Trail Run Event in the most Beautiful part of South Africa, the Garden Route. It is called the Garden Route for a reason. Wilderness itself is a seaside town in the heart of the Garden Route, situated a short distance east of George, along the N2 at the bottom of the Kaaiman’s River Pass. It is known for its long white sandy beach and lagoons. The town experiences a mild climate with year-round rainfall and temperatures seldom drop below 10°C or rise above 28°C.
A FUN 2 Day Trail Run event strictly for Woman (and Girls) only. Running on the beautiful Indigenous hiking trails and along the coastline of the Garden Route National Park between George and Wilderness.
Only 200 Runners allowed. Enter with your friend or with your family. Special category for Mother and Daughter as well.
Start each day with a great Breakfast at Far Hills Hotel together as a group, run on the awesome indigenous well marked Trails for 2 days, get a well deserved massage, followed by a light lunch each day.
On Saturday evening we all finish the day together with a slide show, prize giving, dinner and FUN.
Final Prize Giving on Sunday after a GREAT run, before you head back to reality …
Trail Girl 2 Day Run
A FUN weekend of trail running with 199 other women, let your hair down, laugh, shout, cry, just be yourself. Strictly for Women (and Girls) only, Enjoy running on pristine trails in the SANParks National Park and have FUN each evening after you had a great well deserve massage after your run and a lunch at the Hotel.
Date: 30 June to 1st July 2018
Venue: Farr Hills Country Hotel, Wilderness, Garden Route, Western Cape
The Hotel is about a 45-minute drive to both Mossel Bay (west) and Knysna (east). During its time Wilderness has played host to many a celebrity and was a stop-over point for Princess Elizabeth during the Royal visit to South Africa in the 1940’s. In the late 1930’s, the Hotel was the location for the meetings of an organisation that today has become known as South African Tourism.
Event Format: Pairs and Solo’s
Day 1: 8 km of Indigenous forests, jeep tracks, views of Garden Route Dam
Day 2: 7 km of Coastline, indigenous forest, river trails, board walks
Day 1: 18 km of Indigenous forests, jeep tracks, views of Garden Route Dam
Day 2: 16 km of Coastline, indigenous forest, river trails, pontoon crossing
Entry Fees are the same which ever you choose to run, FULL or Lite: Includes Dinner if the Dinner option is selected. Includes Lunches. All entries includes a 30 min Massage on Saturday. 200 entries allowed
Please note, strictly woman only event
Transfer from George Airport: Please arrange your own transport from George Airport, there are quite a few Taxi services, we use Zeelie Taxis. We have also teamed up with CarTrip.
Trail Girl 2 Day run, included in the entry fee:
– 2 day challenge in the unspoilt beauty of the Garden Route. Each day will be unique of spectacular trails through beautiful Indigenous Forests, Coastline and Mountains of the Garden Route.
– 2 Stages of pure trail running on well-marked routes in pristine areas that are usually not accessible to runners
– Unforgettable trail running along the scenic Garden Route Hiking Trails and Indigenous Forest
– Bus Transport to the start of Day 2
– Permission and Event Fees from Sanparks at R200 pp (not Conservation Fees) and Cape Pine (R40pp) to use their area
– Events fees to Sanparks and Cape Pine for using their areas each day
– Official Race apparel
– 30 minute Massage on Saturday after your run
– Great Goodie bag
– Setup of Race village which will include massages & entertainment
– Sweeper each day
– Well stocked water tables each day
– Well stocked Bar and Restaurant where you can buy drinks
– 24 hour medical & emergency services on standby
– 24 hour security in the Hotel
– Free Prize giving lunch
– Decent Finishers medal
– Trophies winners; Lucky draws
– Generosity and the great atmosphere at Far Hills Hotel.
– Professional Photographers on route; slide and video shows in the evenings
– Accommodation (please book at Far Hills hotel with Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org on Tel: +27 (0) 44 889-012 and quote trailgirl 2018) Please do not book via the website, it is booked out for Trail Girl.
– SANParks Conservation fees (please note this is different to the Event Fees, Trisport is responsible for the event fees, but not for your Conservation fees. If you do not have a WILD card you are responsible for the conservation fees)
Solo Entry, no accommodation, including 2 lunches, and massage R2930
Solo Entry, no accommodation, including lunches and dinners and massages: R3230
Team Entry, no accommodation, including 2 lunches and massage R5860
Team Entry. no accommodation, including lunches and dinners and massages R6460
Registration and Late Entries:
Pre-entries for the event will close on 7 June 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
Compulsory Equipment (for your own safety):
As a precaution, we would like you to carry the following compulsory equipment with you during your run. It is for your own personal safety. Please adhere to the following:
- Cell phone (on roaming please)
- zip lock bag to keep phone dry
- Space blanket
- Long Thermal base layer (pants and top)
- Emergency food
- Water bottles
- Sunscreen (factor 50)
- Outer shell jacket (waterproof)
- First aid kit
Please ensure that you have the compulsory equipment with you at all times during race as conditions change quickly.
How to get there:
Far Hills Country Hotel, Garden route, Wilderness, 6560. 5km from George, 10km from Wilderness village, 410km from Port Elizabeth and 450km from Cape Town. The closest airport is at George, where car hire facilities and taxi services are available.
For all information contact Janine on email@example.com
Listening Hands Sport Massage Therapists
Each runner will receive a 30min massage on Saturday at Fairy Knowe. Once you arrive back after your run, please make sure to book your massage with Caroline. Based on first come first server booking.
Enter / Register
50% of the entry fee will be refunded if written notice is received before 31 March 2018.
No refunds will be done from 1 April 2018.
Athletes cancelling may transfer their entry to another person, but that person will have to accept that changes to sizes etc. of clothing in the goody bag may not be able to be made if they are not available – when goody bags are applicable.
25% of Entry fee will be charged for any transfers for admin costs.
Entries may unfortunately not be transferred to 2019.
Contact Janine to finalise this: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have teamed up with CarTrip, a company that offers an internet-based platform that allows drivers and passengers to easily arrange lifts together. We encourage you to visit their website www.cartrip.co.za and find out more about this exciting new service. It provides a much-needed facility for our members to arrange lifts or offer lifts to various running events or even to and from our club.
Almost 70% of people that enter events drive to the venue on their own so it makes sense that our participants share their vehicles with other participants coming to the event.
The benefits of sharing rides to the event include:
- You are able to meet fellow participants who share your passion for running.
- If you are a driver you can recoup some or all of your petrol costs by offering a lift.
- If you need a lift it will cost a fraction of the cost of travelling there with your own car.
- Ladies can get lifts with lady drivers only if they prefer.
- More parking and less congestion at the event as there will be fewer cars.
- With fewer cars on the road, it helps our environment by reducing CO2 emissions.
So if you’re travelling alone to any of the running events or if you’re looking for a lift to an event then go to www.cartrip.co.za. You will see a dropdown tab with all the events listed, just select your event and enter your ride details. You can also email them with details of an event if it is not listed. We do suggest that you read through their FAQ’s should you have any questions on how it works and we look forward to our members embracing this opportunity presented by CarTrip.
Prize Money and Prize Categories
NO Prize Money, Trophies for each category and winner Trophy for the Overall Lady Winner. Spot Prizes on Saturday evening during Dinner
Our official accommodation is at Far Hills Country Hotel, also our race village. Please book with Sarah on email@example.com or Tel: +27 (0) 44 889-0120
Please quote “Trailgirl 2018” when you book.
Single R950 per room per night.
Sharing R1250 per room per night.
There are limited Rooms at the Far Hills Hotel and bookings will work on a first paid, first serve basis. All rooms have their own bathroom. Room options : Single, Double sharing and Quad sharing.
Other accommodation available close to Far Hills :
When making a reservation via Hello Garden Route, please mention you are booking for Trail Girl 2018.
Meals and Refreshments
All Dinners are included in the entry. We will give an opportunity to book additional meals, closer to the time of the event. No men allowed at the meals. It is a Girl only event!
16:00 – 18:00: Registration at Far Hills Hotel
18:00: Welcoming and race briefing
18:30: Dinner for those who booked
Saturday (Start and Finish at Saasveld Campus, NMMU, George)
06:30 Make your own way to the start at Saasveld Campus,NMMU, George
07:15 Quick final briefing / recap before the Start
07:30 Race starts
07:30 Medical facility opens
11:30 Light lunches at The Far Hill Hotel
11:00 Sport massage opens at race village
11:00 Bar opens at Far Hills Hotel
18:00 Slide show of the day’s stage
18:00 Race briefing for day 2. Results Spot Prizes and prize giving of daily winners
18:30 Dinner for those who booked.
21:00 Sport massage closes
22:00 Bar closes; get some sleep for the next day’s fun & games! …
07:10 Busses leave from Far Hills hotel to take you to the Start (only 10km from hotel)
07:45 Quick final briefing / recap before the Start
08:00 Race starts
08:00 Medical facility opens
11:30 Light lunch and Prize giving
13:00 Check out and Good Byes!